About the 2016 Connected Enterprise Report
Collaboration trends, insights, and strategies in the digital age
The ability to bring people together in a flexible and efficient way enables decisions to be made in the right way and at the right time. This in turn allows organisations to compete effectively and to be more agile in a changing marketplace. But in a geographically dispersed business environment, where budgets are under pressure and the bottom line is at the top of everyone’s agenda, how do you make this possible?
The integration of collaboration into any business process enables a new level of performance, because that process becomes more inclusive, despite geographic barriers. The 2016 Connected Enterprise Report is designed to provide a single point of reference on key aspects affecting collaboration in today's global organisations.
To construct the report, we surveyed 900 participants – made up of 580 IT directors and CIOs, and 320 line of business managers – at organisations with at least 1,000 employees in a range of industries, including:
- financial services
- fast-moving consumer goods
- professional services
About Dimension Data:
- Dimension Data is the largest provider of communication and collaboration solutions in the world.
- Dimension Data’s global footprint allows them to deliver multi-vendor services in 140 countries around the world.
- Dimension Data is Cisco’s largest visual communications and collaboration partner worldwide, Microsoft’s largest global Enterprise Partner with over two million Microsoft® Lync seats deployed, and Polycom’s global Partner of the Year for the third consecutive year.
- Dimension Data’s Unified Communications-as-a-Service is widely recognised and lauded by market analysts.
- Dimension Data employs more communications specialists than any other provider in the world.
Nearly 40% have no unified communications and collaboration strategy
89% say line of business managers play a key role in executing the collaboration strategy
1/3 organisations say cloud is critical, yet less than 25% currently use hosted collaboration services
Improving sales is the no. 2 goal for collaboration
1/3 organisations use social collaboration tools throughout the business